1. Selling basics for vendors on Local Supplies
Considering these basic requirements will help you set up, manage and run a successful online shop on Local Supplies.
a. What can be sold on Local Supplies?
Local Supplies is a community focused, local marketplace. Buyers come here to purchase items from their favourite local shops and in turn save time, energy and maintain social distancing during times of pandemics. Everything listed for sale must be available from your shop or store that you are able to provide to your buyers when they place the order.
b. What cannot be sold on Local Supplies?
Even if they otherwise meet our marketplace criteria, certain prohibited items, and items that violate our or third party’s intellectual property policies are not allowed to be sold on Local Supplies. No illegal items can be sold on Local Supplies.
Keep in mind that members may flag items that appear to violate our policies for our review. Local Supplies may remove any listings that violate our policies. We may also suspend or terminate your account for any violations. You’ll still be liable, even after termination, to pay any outstanding fees on your account to us or the buyers.
c. Managing your shop on Local Supplies
Your shop represents you and your business to the Local Supplies community. It’s important that you, your items and your shop or store are honest and accurate in its representation.
By selling on Local Supplies, you agree that you will:
- Provide honest, accurate information in your ‘Description’ section
- Honour your Seller policies
- Ensure your shop content, such as any text, photos or videos used to represent yourself, your shop or your products/services, abide by our policies, including our anti-discrimination policy.
- Accurately represent your items in your listings and photos.
- Respect the intellectual property of others. If you feel someone has violated your intellectual property rights, you can report this to Local Supplies.
- Honour your payments of fees to Local Supplies.
- Not create duplicate shops or take any other action (such as manipulating clicks, baskets or sales) for the purpose of shilling, manipulating search or circumventing our policies.
- Not coordinate pricing with other sellers.
- Process the orders placed by the buyers on Local Supplies for your shop or store.
- Follow the guidelines suggested to you by Local Supplies for providing notifications to the buyers after they have placed the order.
d. Seller Standards
By listing a product for sale on Local Supplies, you understand and agree that you are responsible for complying with all applicable laws and regulations for the products you list for sale, including any required labels and warnings. Local Supplies assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, labelling, or content of your listings.
Meeting Service Level Standards
As a seller, you must provide great customer service and maintain trust with your buyers. These requirements are called our Seller Service Level Standards. Local Supplies may reach out to you if your shop or store fails to meet our Seller Service Level Standards.
By selling on Local Supplies, you agree to:
- Honour your dispatch and processing times. Sellers are obligated to dispatch an item or otherwise complete a transaction with a buyer in a prompt manner, unless there is an exceptional circumstance.
- Respond to messages in a timely manner.
- Honour the commitments you make in your shop policies.
- Resolve disagreements or disputes directly with the buyer. In the unlikely event that you can’t reach a resolution, our Customer Care team can help through our case system.
- If you are unable to complete an order, you must notify the buyer and cancel the order. Read about how to cancel an order in your User guide.
e. Selling Fees
Sellers may be charged for using some of our services. There are fees associated with listing, selling, advertising, and certain other features. You can find information on fees in the ‘Payments and Fees policy’.
3. Being a member of the Local Supplies community
At Local Supplies, everyone is expected to treat fellow members of the Local Supplies community with respect. As a seller, you have additional responsibilities to safeguard personal information and communicate promptly with buyers in order to provide a great customer experience. This is beneficial for the marketplace as well as your personal shop.
a. Creating and uploading products and related information
As a seller on Local Supplies, you have the ability to create and upload a variety of information like product listings, messages, content, photos, and videos. In order to keep our community safe and respectful, you agree that you will not upload content that is:
- Abusive, threatening, defamatory, harassing, or otherwise in violation of our anti-discrimination policy;
- Obscene or vulgar;
- In violation of someone else’s privacy or intellectual property rights; or
- False, deceptive, or misleading.
b. Privacy and protection of personal information
In particular, when you sell using our Services (subject to this Policy), you may receive and determine what to do with certain personal information, such as when communicating with users and entering into transactions with buyers. This means you process personal information (for example, buyer name, email address, billing address, and shipping address) and, to the extent you do so, under EU law, you are an independent controller of data relating to other users that you may have obtained through the Services.
For more information on the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), see more resources at https://gdpr-info.eu and http://gdprandyou.ie. As a data controller (that is someone who decides what personal data is collected and the purpose you’ll use the data for) to the extent that you process user personal information outside of the Services, you may be required under applicable data protection and privacy laws to honour requests received from such users for data access, portability, correction, deletion, and objections to processing.
Also, if you disclose personal information without the buyer’s proper consent, you are responsible for that unauthorised disclosure. This includes, for example, disclosures you make or unintentional data breaches. For example, you may receive a buyer’s email address or other information as a result of entering into a transaction with that buyer. This information may only be used for Local Supplies-related communications or for Local Supplies-facilitated transactions. You may not use this information for unsolicited commercial messages or unauthorised transactions. Without the buyer’s consent, and subject to other applicable Local Supplies policies and laws, you may not add any Local Supplies member to your email or physical mailing list, use that buyer’s identity for marketing, or obtain or retain any payment information.
Please bear in mind that you are responsible for knowing the standard of consent required in any given instance. If Local Supplies and you are found to be joint data controllers of personal information, and if Local Supplies is sued, fined, or otherwise incurs expenses because of something that you did in your capacity as a joint data controller of buyer personal information, you agree to indemnify Local Supplies for the expenses it occurs in connection with your processing of buyer personal information.
c. Communication policy
There is an option of ‘Messages’ available on Local Supplies content management system (CMS). You have the ability to send messages to the buyer and Local Supplies. A buyer or Local Supplies staff or admin could also send you a direct message. This would most probably be related to a product or an order placed for your shop.
In order to keep it a safe and secure messaging environment, we request that the messages may not be used for the following activities:
- Sending messages to someone who has explicitly asked you not to
- Abusing or harassing anyone on the Local Supplies community
- Violating our anti-discrimination policy
- Directly or indirectly interfering with a transaction or business of another member of the Local Supplies community
- Sending messages that contain unsolicited advertising or promotions, donation requests or spam
Interference is defined when a Local Supplies community member directly or indirectly engages in activities to drive away the business of another seller on Local Supplies community. Such acts of interference are strictly prohibited on Local Supplies. These are certain examples of interference:
- Contacting another member of Local Supplies to drive them away from a particular member, shop, or product
- Engaging in transactions with another seller posing as a buyer to leave negative review or upvote negative reviews left by another buyer for a competitor shop
- Engage in ‘Click fraud’ i.e. irrelevantly clicking on a competitor's promotions and ads in order to drain that member's advertising budget
III. Communicating about order cancellations
If you are unable to fulfil an order placed by a buyer, you must notify the buyer and issue a full refund to the buyer. It is good practice to keep proof of any refunds that you have processed. All cancellations are subject to our cancellation policy.
European Union Right of Withdrawal Buyers in the European Union (EU) may be entitled to a 14-day ‘right of withdrawal’ after receiving an item, during which they may return an item for any reason. The details of this right vary by EU member state. The right of withdrawal may not apply to certain items like custom items or perishable goods. Rights with respect to digital items vary by EU member state.
Please be aware that in addition to this policy, each country has its own laws surrounding delivery, cancellations, returns and exchanges. Please familiarise yourself with the laws of your own country and those of your buyers’ countries.
Buyers can leave a review on your product and your shop by rating them between 1 to 5 stars. They can also leave a comment as well as choose to recommend it to a friend. These reviews are a great way to showcase your popularity with the buyers and helps to build customer reputation on the Local Supplies marketplace.
5. Your seller account with Local Supplies
In order to keep the Local Supplies community safe and to improve our Services, we may take actions that limit the visibility of your shop under the given category or completely, your product listings or ads.
In the event a shop registered on Local Supplies sees unusual order activity, or we otherwise believe that your actions may result in buyer disputes, refunds, chargebacks, increased risk of fraud, counterfeiting, or other claims, Local Supplies may take actions to limit your shop’s visibility, or place restrictions on your payment account, in accordance with our Terms and Conditions and Payments Policy. When appropriate and permitted by law, Local Supplies will communicate the related information to the affected seller about the same.
The list of third-parties and the relationship with them is listed out below:
The Local supplies website and its services have been built on Shuup’s platform
This is used to track and analyse the way the users are interacting with the Site and Services
We use Stripe as the payment provider for all transactions happening on our Site
It is used to manage the Seller/Vendor related information and their relationship with us on an ongoing basis. The sales and marketing teams will have access to this information
Direct mail services provider
We sometimes use direct mail services provider to send information to you