2. How to contact us
By email at: [email protected]
Full name of legal entity: Local Supplies Ltd., a limited company with registered number 12831002, registered, and operates, in the United Kingdom.
Our Registered office address is: 4c, Northwick Avenue, Harrow, HA3 0AB, United Kingdom.
3. How we collect your information
We collect your personal information when you interact with us or use our Services, such as when you use our Services to buy something. We also look at how visitors use our Services, to help us improve our Services and optimise customer experience.
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity data, Contact data, Transaction data, Profile data, Financial data and Marketing and Communications data by using our website, filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- purchase a product through our Site;
- create an account on our Site;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter a competition; or
- give us some feedback.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our Site, we may automatically collect Usage data and Technical data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. Please see our Cookies Policy for further details.
4. Information we collect from you
As part of our commitment to the privacy of our customers and users of our Services more generally, we want to be clear about the sorts of information we will collect from you. When you use our Services and navigate around our Site, we may collect the following information from you:
Information that you provide voluntarily:
- You may provide your full name, occupation, contact information, including email address, telephone number, address and any passwords you create. We will use this information to:
- authenticate your access to certain parts of our Site;
- send news alerts of corporate developments;
- periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting;
- administer promotions, competitions or job applications that you enter via our website
- invite you to participate in market research surveys;
- improve and personalise our Services; and
- ensure internal record keeping is up-to-date.
- Financial data means the payment method and card association used to process your payments for your orders. We do not store or process your card details ourselves, they are processed and stored via one of our contracted third-party service providers.
Information that we collect automatically:
- monitor accessibility and optimisation of our websites;
- improve and personalise our products and services; and
- maintain a record of your interaction with the Services (through cookies and other similar technologies).
What happens if you fail to provide certain personal information?
Where we need to collect personal information by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to offer our products or services to you and have to cancel the order you placed with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time. (for example, where you do not provide delivery instructions, billing address, shipping address, or email address, we won’t be able to process your order and deliver the products or services).
5. Use of your information
We will only process the data we collect about you if there is a reason for doing so, and if that reason is permitted under data protection law. We will have a lawful basis for processing your information: if we need to process your information in order to provide you with the service you have requested or to enter into a contract; we have your consent; we have a justifiable reason for processing your data; or we are under a legal obligation to do so.
Depending on the circumstances, we may share your personal information with the following entities:
- Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- Third parties who undertake various activities to support our Services. This includes offshore website and application support, hosting providers and market research companies.
- Our third-party development team, Shuup, which processes any backend and frontend related tasks, development, testing, and processing of information
- We also collect and use aggregated data (anonymised) such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. This may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your usage data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
By visiting this website with your browser settings adjusted to allow cookies, you are consenting to Local Supplies using cookies for the purposes outlined below in order to provide you with a fully functional shopping experience.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file which is downloaded and stored on your computer or mobile device by websites that you visit. Where cookie technology is not available, an anonymous identifier may be used. An anonymous identifier is a random string of characters used for the same purposes as a cookie.
Your browser accesses the cookie file only when you visit the website that generated it. This helps to ease your navigation by automatically logging you in and remembering things like your preferences and what’s in your shopping basket. Cookies allow sites like Local Supplies to deliver you a personalised shopping experience.
The information stored within any given cookie can only be accessed by the website that created it and cookies are limited to communicating only the information that you have disclosed to the site.
We use the following types of cookie:
- Necessary cookies - These cookies are required for the operation of our website. They include cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of customised services.
- Performance cookies – These cookies allow us to recognise and collect data usage like customer count, visitor count, their behaviour on the website, and their usage patterns This helps us to improve the way our website works and provides a good service to the customer in their online experience.
7. Direct Marketing
Where you have given your consent or where we have a justifiable reason for doing so (and are permitted to do so by law) we will use your information to let you know about our other products and services that may be of interest to you and we may contact you to do so by email or phone. You can control your email marketing preferences by following the below instructions:
- Go to the website - www.localsupplies.com
- Click on ‘My Account’ in the header area (it appears under the drop-down menu)
- Go to ‘Customer Information’ area
- Select the ‘Marketing permission’ checkbox to give your consent to receive marketing information in your email OR
- Deselect the ‘Marketing permission’ checkbox to not receive marketing information in your email from us
- Then, click on ‘Save changes’ button to save the changes you have made on this page
8. Data retention
We will not retain your information for any longer than we think is necessary. Local Supplies will retain your personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, while you hold an account with us or to enable us to meet our legal, tax or accounting obligations).
If you object to us processing certain categories of your personal information (including in relation to receiving marketing communications from us), we will retain a record of your objection to the processing of your information so that we can continue to respect your wishes.
We will destroy or permanently anonymise your personal information at the point that we no longer need to process it for our ongoing legitimate business needs or for any legal reason. If this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store it and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
9. Disclosure of your information
The information we collect about you will be transferred to and stored on our servers. We do not sell your information to anyone.
10. Data security
We adopt robust technologies and policies to ensure the personal information we hold about you is suitably protected. We place great importance on keeping your personal information safe and secure. As such, we put in place appropriate technical and organisational measures / industry standard technology to protect it from unauthorised access and unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
The security measures we use are designed to provide a level of protection and security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Where you have chosen a password, which allows you to access certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We advise you not to share your password with anyone and to use a unique password for our Services. We will not be liable for any unauthorised transactions entered into using your name and password.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
You acknowledge that the Internet is not a completely secure medium for communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us (or we send to you) via the Internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
11. Exclusion and Limitation of liability
A. Items you purchase on Local Supplies - You understand that Local Supplies does not manufacture, store, or inspect any of the items sold through our Site and Services. We provide the online marketplace for Sellers to set-up their online shops the items in our marketplaces are produced, listed, and sold directly by independent sellers, so Local Supplies can't and does not make any warranties about their quality, safety, or even their legality.
Any legal claim related to an item you purchase must be brought directly against the seller of the item. You release Local Supplies from any claims related to items sold through our Services, including for defective items, misrepresentations by sellers, or items that caused physical injury (like product liability claims).
B. Content you access on Local Supplies - You may come across materials that you find offensive or inappropriate while using our Services. We make no representations concerning any content posted by users through the Services. Local Supplies is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, or decency of content posted by users that you accessed through the Services. You release us from all liability relating to that content.
C. People you interact with on Local Supplies - You can use the Services to interact with other individuals, either online or in person. However, you understand that we do not screen users of our Services, and you release us from all liability relating to your interactions with other users. Please be careful and exercise caution and good judgment in all interactions with others, especially if you are meeting someone in person.
E. Warranties - Local Supplies is built on the ethos of creating a collaborative local community, where local residents can do shopping from their local shops and in turn support the local economy to thrive. We are dedicated to making our Services as transparent, seamless and user-friendly as possible, but amidst all the possibilities, sometimes things can go wrong despite our best efforts. You understand that our Services are provided “As Is” and without any kind of warranty (Expressed or Implied). We are expressly disclaiming any warranties of Title, Non-infringement , Merchantability, and Fitness for a particular purpose along with any warranties implied by a course of performance, course of dealing, or usage of trade.
We do not guarantee that:
- The Service will be secure or available at any particular time or location
- Any defects or errors will be corrected
- The Service will be free of viruses or other harmful materials Or
- The results of using the services will meet your expectations.
You are using the Service solely at your own risk.
12. Your rights
Under data protection law, you may have a number of rights concerning the data we hold about you. If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the contact details set out above. We respect your privacy and data protection rights. Below is a summary of your rights in respect of your personal information:
- Local Supplies provides you with the tools to access, review or update your personal information at any time through your account. If you wish to request deletion of your personal information, you can do so by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” section
- You can object to processing of your personal information, or ask us to restrict processing of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading above.
- You have the right to opt out of receiving marketing communications that is sent to you at any time. You can exercise this right by using the unsubscribe functionality in the communication you receive. To opt out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” section
- Similarly, if we collect and process your personal information on the basis of your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Fees – No fee required usually
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Information - What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit – there is a time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.