These terms and conditions (we refer to them as the "Seller T&C") set out the legally binding agreement (we refer to this as the "Agreement") between you ("you", “Seller”, “Vendor”), and Local Supplies Limited (("we", "our", "us", “LocalSupplies.com” or "Local Supplies") when you sell goods or services via our website www.localsupplies.com (the “Site”). This contract sets out your rights and responsibilities when you use our website Localsupplies.com (the “Site”), or mobile applications, platform or devices (together, the "Services")
1. Acceptance of terms
It is important that you read and understand these Seller T&C before agreeing to them.
A. We may update the Agreement (including the Charges) from time to time. We will notify you by email of any proposed changes. Except in the limited situations described in Point 1.C below, the proposed changes will not apply until at least 15 (fifteen) days from the date on which we notify you about them. If a proposed change(s) means that you then need to make technical or commercial adjustments in order to comply with it, we will always give you a longer notice period before the change(s) apply.
B. Whenever we notify you of a proposed change to the Agreement, you will have the right to terminate the Agreement before the expiry of the applicable notice period. If you do wish to terminate and let us know during that period, the termination will then take effect 15 (fifteen) days from your receipt of the notification. You may also choose to give up your right to terminate by either letting us know in writing or by taking clear affirmative action. For example, submitting new Products, or processing new orders during the notice period will be considered by us as clear affirmative action that you wish to give up your termination right, except though where the notice period is longer because the changes to the Agreement require you to make significant technical or commercial adjustments.
C. The minimum 15 (fifteen) day notice period in Clause 1.A above will not apply though where:
- we are subject to a legal or regulatory obligation that requires us to change the Agreement in a way that does not allow us to give you that length of the notice period and
- we need to change the Agreement to address an unforeseen and imminent danger that relates to defending the Service, the Site, Customers or Sellers from fraud, malware, spam, data breaches or other cybersecurity risks.
2. About us
The Services are operated by Local Supplies Ltd. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 12831002 and with our registered office address at 4c, Northwick Avenue, Harrow, HA3 0AB United Kingdom. Our VAT number is 356784258.
Local Supplies is a marketplace where you can sell your shop products directly to buyers in the UK. You can do this by creating an online shop for your business (“Seller” or “Vendor”), allowing you to upload and manage unlimited products (“Product” or “Products”), their price, stock and categories so that the users of the website could browse, search and do online purchase of your products. This would be communicated to you as an order (“Order” or "Orders") placed by a customer for the products available on the Site. The legal contract for the supply and purchase of Products is between you and the buyer that has placed an Order with you. We will handle your payment (for the Orders placed on the Site) using our Third-Party payment provider [currently Stripe].
We want to make sure that you and your buyers have a positive experience on Local Supplies. Please read on to find out more about your rights, as well as what is expected of you, as a seller.
3. Accessing our services and the rules
After your registration has been approved, you will get access to the backend content management system (CMS) some areas of the Site without making an Order or registering your details with us. Most areas of the Site are open to everyone. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services we provide through the Site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason any of the Services are unavailable at any time or for any period.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Seller T&C.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all information (including your name and address) you upload to the Site, is correct and accurate. Ensure that you check all information before making a purchase.
i. Site availability: While we try to ensure the Site is normally available 24 hours a day, we do not undertake any obligation to do so, and we will not be liable to you if the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
ii. Suspension of access: Access to the Site may be suspended temporarily at any time and without notice.
iii. Information security: The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take the steps required by law to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
You’ll need to create an account with Local Supplies to use our Services. We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, and revocable license to use our Services - subject to the Seller T&C and the following restrictions in particular:
i. You must be 18 years or older to use our Services - Minors under 18 and at least 13 years of age are only permitted to use our Services through an account owned by a parent or legal guardian with their appropriate permission and under their direct supervision. Children under 13 years are not permitted to use Local Supplies or the Services. You are responsible for any and all account activity conducted by a minor on your account.
ii. Don’t break the law while using our Services - You agree that you will not violate any laws in connection with your use of the Services. This includes any local, state, federal, and international laws that may apply to you. For example, it’s your responsibility to obtain any permits or licenses that your shop requires; you may not sell anything that violates any laws. and you may not engage in fraud (including false claims or infringement notices), theft, anti-competitive conduct, threatening conduct, or any other unlawful acts or crimes against Local Supplies, another Local Supplies vendor, buyer, or a third party.
iii. Pay your fees on time - You are responsible for paying all fees that you owe to Local Supplies. You are also solely responsible for collecting and/or paying any applicable taxes for any purchases or sales you make through our Services.
iv. Be honest with us - Provide accurate information about your shop, your products, services and yourself. It is prohibited to use false information or impersonate another person or company through your account. You agree not to crawl, scrape, or spider any page of the Services or to reverse engineer or attempt to obtain the source code of the Services.
v. Online communication - From time to time, Local Supplies will provide you with certain legal information in writing. By using our Services, you are agreeing to our policy about how we provide information to you and says that we can send you information electronically (example, by email) instead of sending you it by post, and that your electronic agreement is the same as your signature on paper.
vi. Do not harm our systems - You agree not to interfere with or try to disrupt our Services, for example by distributing a virus or other harmful computer code.
vii. Respect our trademark - The name "Local Supplies" and the other Local Supplies tag lines, phrases, logos, and designs that we use in connection with our Services are our copyright and trademarks and needs to be respected and should not be misused.
viii. Choose an appropriate name - It is advised to select an appropriate name so that Local Supplies Customer Care team and the buyers are able to connect with you when needed. If you decide to not have your full name as the name associated with your account, you may not use language that is offensive, vulgar, infringes someone’s intellectual property rights, or otherwise violates the Seller T&C.
ix. You are responsible for your account – If you have registered your shop with Local Supplies, then you are solely responsible for any activity on your account. In case you are sharing an account with other people, then the person whose financial information is on the account will ultimately be responsible for all activity. If you’re registering as a business entity, you personally guarantee that you have the authority to agree to the Seller T&C on behalf of the business. Also, your accounts are not transferable.
x. Protect your password. Since you are solely responsible for any activity on your account, it becomes very important to keep your account password secure.
xi. Our relationship. The Seller T&C doesn’t create any relationship between your shop and Local Supplies for e.g. agency, partnership, joint venture, employment, or franchisee relationship between you and Local Supplies.
4. Start and end of the Service
A. The Agreement applies throughout the period when we are providing the Service to you. This will start after:
1) we have received the online Vendor registration form with all the required details
2) we have notified you on email about our acceptance of your Vendor registration. We might ask for some documentation before we approve your registration request. It will be entirely at our discretion whether we accept your Registration Form; and
3) you have paid the Joining fee (where applicable), which is a one-time flat fee we charge for setting up your shop on Local Supplies.
After the Vendor registration approval, you can set up your online shop on Local Supplies. This Service will continue until terminated by exercising the mutual right to terminate.
Mutual right to terminate - We both have the right to terminate the Agreement by giving the other party at least 30 (thirty) days' written notice by email.
B. Restriction, suspension or termination by us - We may restrict, suspend or terminate our provision of the Service (or any part of it), or terminate the Agreement if:
1) you significantly breach the agreement (including a significant breach of any of the Policies)
2) we have the right to as set out in the rest of the Agreement, and we validly exercise that right
3) you fail to pay any charges or fees payable to us within 7 (seven) working days of their due date for payment
4) if you don’t have enough money to pay your debts when they fall due, or you enter into a legal process or an arrangement relating to being unable to pay your debts
5) in our sole discretion, we determine that your eligibility or suitability to be listed on the Site, or to receive the Service, changes.
C. Termination by You - We would hate to see you go, but you may terminate your account with Local Supplies at any time by giving us 30 (thirty) days’ notice by email. Terminating your account will not affect the availability of some of your content that you posted through the Services prior to termination. You will still have to pay any outstanding fees and charges.
D. Exercising our right to restrict, suspend or terminate.
1) If we restrict or suspend our provision of the Service (or any part of it), we will provide you with a clear explanation of our reasons for doing so (including referencing any specific relevant facts and circumstances, along with the applicable grounds we're relying on to do so) by email on or before the date on which the restriction or suspension becomes effective, in order to give you the opportunity to clarify the facts and circumstances.
2) If we terminate the provision of the Service to you or the Agreement, we will provide you with a statement setting out our reasons for that decision (including referencing any specific relevant facts and circumstances, along with the applicable grounds we're relying on to do so) by email at least 30 (thirty) days before termination takes effect, except where:
i. we are obliged by a legal or regulatory obligation to terminate the provision of the Service or the Agreement; or
ii. you have repeatedly infringed your obligations under the Agreement,
in which case we will provide you reasonable notice in the circumstances (if we can) and the statement of reasons for that decision(s) by email as soon as reasonably possible).
E. What happens when the Service or Agreement is suspended or terminated. If the Service or our Agreement is suspended or terminated:
1) you must pay us all charges and fees due up to and including the date of suspension or termination
2) you will remain liable to pay any outstanding refunds to customers and associated refund fees (as detailed below) following suspension or termination
3) we will not keep copies of any information provided or generated by you following termination of the Agreement. If you need access to information you have generated, you are responsible for keeping your own copies and we suggest that you should download such information during any notice period prior to suspension or termination
4) where the Service is terminated, you will continue to have access to the backend content management system for 30 calendar days in order to pay any outstanding charges and download information and
5) termination of this Agreement doesn't affect any of our or your rights or liabilities, and doesn't affect any provision set out in the Agreement which is expressly or by implication intended to come into force or continue in force after termination.
6) If you or Local Supplies terminate your account, you may lose any information associated with your account, including your Content.
7) The Seller T&C will remain in effect even after your access to the Service is terminated, or your use of the Service ends
5. The Service provided by Local Supplies to the Sellers
A. Following the start of the Service, we will:
i. Share the login credentials to you, so that you can log in to the content management system (CMS) and start creating your online shop
ii. Share user guides and manuals that will allow you to leverage the various features available to you as a Vendor to set up your online shop
iii. Fix any faults in the Service as soon as reasonably possible. As you will appreciate, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, there is always a risk that communications by electronic means may not reach their intended destination, or may do so much later than intended, for reasons outside of our control, and that it is technically impossible to provide the Service entirely free of fault at all times.
iv. Have a Customer care team that will be available to answer your queries – be it technical or anything related to the Service. We will aim to get back to you within 24 hours of you raising any query with us.
B. We reserve the right to revise or alter the Service. Any variation in the Service will be subject to these conditions.
C. You will be able to set up your online shop and start to sell your products and services directly to your customers. As part of this process:
i. Any contract to sell and buy products is made only between you and the buyer and we are not a part of that contract
ii. The buyer will use the Service to browse, select and buy the product from your online shop. They will get email notification about the purchase they have made. The features, email notifications and the Service in general has been built in order to increase the trust of the buyer, promote the online shops and their products in a locality, and generally encourage buyers to place orders with you
iii. The discount feature available on Local Supplies can be used as a marketing tool to offer discounts and offers to encourage buyers to buy from your shop and from Local Supplies
D. The buyers have an option to submit product reviews and Vendor reviews. By using the Site and the Service you agree that:
i. We can post on your relevant product page or your shop page any and all review comments posted by the buyers.
ii. If you do not agree with any review posted by the buyer, you can inform us by writing to our Customer care team referring to the specific review or feedback posted about your product or your shop. We will review the comment and your feedback, and decide on next steps which is as per the conditions set in this document. You agree that you will not contact any buyer directly, whether via the content management system (CMS) through an order or product enquiry or otherwise in response to any feedback.
iii. You agree that you will ensure that your response is true and accurate and not misleading in any way, and does not contain any material that may be construed as offensive, defamatory or unlawful.
iv. We may, in accordance with the applicable terms and conditions of any third party, elect to amend, or not to post, any response that we and/or the third party consider, in our/their sole discretion, to be offensive, defamatory, unlawful or otherwise inappropriate.
E. We may from time to time introduce you to third parties with whom special terms have been arranged unique to Sellers. Any contract entered into between you and any such third party is concluded directly between you and the third party concerned and, except as expressly set out in the Seller T&C, we cannot be involved in the fulfilment or liability for any such contracts.
6. Your obligations as a Seller on Local Supplies
A. Regarding your online Shop Account, you promise that:
1) Your business is incorporated and/or established (whether as a company, partnership, unincorporated association, or sole trader) in the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland;
2) Where your business is established as a limited or public limited company, you are listed as a director or a personal with significant control on Companies House and all other information held on Companies House reflects the information you provide to us (e.g. company registration number, director(s) name(s), trading address, company name);
3) You are at least 18 years old
4) You have a trading (operating) address in the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland.
5) You promise to provide the following identification details along with your Application Form and that they are accurate:
i. driving licence or passport
ii. recent utility bill (within the last 3 months at the time of application)
iii. bank statement (this should include your name, address, sort code and account number and should correspond with any details held on Companies House where the statement relates to a limited or public limited company) and
iv. telephone and email address of the main account holder and any additional users of the account.
6) If you want to change the details about your business that you have given to us, you agree to provide us with a snapshot of your bank statement showing the new account details and the changes. This must include: name (both the new Seller's name and, where applicable, their company name), address, sort code and account number. When updating your details, your online Shop account will be suspended until the details are verified to our satisfaction.
7) You agree to keep your account details up-to-date on the Admin panel throughout your use of the Service. HMRC legislation means that we have a responsibility to ensure your VAT compliance. If we believe you are not compliant, we retain the right to suspend your online Shop account until your account information has been updated.
B. Regarding hardware and software, you agree to:
1) Establish and maintain access to the internet at your own cost, through use of a computer, laptop or other access device
2) Ensure that your computer hardware and software you use to access the Site is equipped with appropriate up-to-date software (including up-to-date internet browser) and up-to-date protection against viruses
3) Ensure that all information you supply electronically to us and to the Site is submitted free from viruses.
4) Have access to Microsoft excel sheet or other software from time to time in order to utilise the Bulk Data Import functionality on the Site
We have no responsibility for the provision, support and maintenance of any of your hardware or software used to provide you with access to the internet or the Site, or any related hardware or software (including any IP router, proxy server, firewall or anti-Virus software), the responsibility for which will remain exclusively with you.
However, in case you are facing any issues with accessing the Site, you can contact our Customer Care Team who will be happy to help you within their remit.
C. Regarding the security of the Site and your online Shop account, you are responsible:
1) For the security and proper use of your online shop account related user name and password
2) To take all necessary steps to ensure that passwords and other security devices remain confidential, secure, used properly and not disclosed to unauthorised third parties
3) To inform us immediately if there is any reason to believe that a password or any other security device has or is likely to be compromised
4) To inform us immediately if you forget or lose a password and must satisfy such security checks as we may operate in order to obtain a new password and
5) To ensure that the Admin panel and its content remains entirely confidential, and that no other person beside those in your employment has sight of the Admin panel or any of its content.
In order to provide you a safe & secure access to the Service, we reserve the right to:
1) Suspend your access to the Service if at any time we consider that there is or is likely to be a breach of security, in which event we will notify you of any steps to be taken by you as soon as possible and
2) Require you to change (or to ourselves change, and then notify you) any or all of the passwords used by you in connection with the provision of the Service and access to the online Shop account.
D. Regarding your online Shop account:
1) We have an absolute discretion:
i. To decide, change, or enhance the User interface, User experience, features, functions, look, feel and content of the Site and Service
ii. To include, exclude, position, present the Seller information (including in our sole discretion the right to remove any Seller Information from the Site at any time) and
iii. To include or exclude the Products available on the Site (including in our sole discretion the right to remove any Product from the Site in line with one or more of our Policies, or not allow a Product to be available for sale on the Site).
2) You agree at all times to comply with all Policies and the Product submission process as updated by us from time to time.
3) You can upload unlimited products on your online shop account, subject to the policy around the prohibited products.
4) In case any transfer of the business ownership (including any transfer of ownership of your business e.g. a sale of more than 50% of the shares in your business or a sale of substantially all the assets of your business), it must be agreed with us in writing at least 30 days in advance. You must also agree to provide us with the information about the new Seller or new owner of your business. We will suspend your online Shop account while we verify the new Seller's / Owner's details, which will include checking their eligibility and suitability to have an online shop account on the Site. The online Shop account will be suspended until all payments owed to you, the outgoing Seller, have been cleared. If the above rules are not followed, we retain the right to suspend the online Shop account until new ownership has been verified and identification provided. We reserve the right to terminate our agreement if, in our sole discretion, we determine that the change of ownership of the online Shop account or of your business renders your business no longer eligible or suitable for the Site.
5) When you decide to close your online Shop account:
i. You agree to give us a 30 days’ notice as per the termination policy
ii. We agree to ensure that that all payments owing to you have been paid before your online Shop account closes and
iii. You agree to ensure that negative balances are paid to us in full prior to closing your online Shop account and agree to remain liable to pay any valid requests for refunds and associated refund fees to the buyers which are received after the closure.
6) If your online Shop account goes into a negative balance, you agree:
i. To pay the outstanding balance to us within 7 (seven) days of going into negative balance. If this negative balance is not settled within 7 (seven) days of going into negative balance, we may terminate our Agreement with you and we may instruct a third party to collect the debt.
ii. That we may withhold future payments to offset against the outstanding debt or pay at a later date once the debt has been settled, whichever arises first.
iii. That we retain the right to suspend your online Shop account immediately if your account goes into a negative balance. Your online Shop account will not be reactivated until your negative balance has been paid, or we have reached an agreement with you in writing for its repayment.
E. Regarding the Quality of presentation of your online Shop account, you agree to:
1) Ensure that your online Shop account maintains a high standard of presentation be it the product images, product names, the content.
2) Ensure that your online Shop account adheres to the guidelines and policies agreed with us and those notified to you from time to time
3) Comply with reasonable instructions from us related to the online Shop account
4) Complies with third parties’ intellectual property rights
Any failure to maintain suitably high standards of online Shop account including the Shop page, or Product listing page or the Product detail page may result in the de-activation of the relevant Product page(s) in the first instance. We reserve the right to de-activate your online Shop account until standards have been improved.
F. Regarding the Seller and Product information:
You agree to ensure that all Seller information provided by you and the Products listed on your online Shop account are:
1) True, accurate and complete
2) Not false, inaccurate or misleading
3) Not offensive, indecent, obscene, pornographic, menacing, abusive or defamatory
4) Not in breach of any applicable law or regulation
5) Not adversely affecting our reputation or the Local Supplies brand;
6) Not creating or likely to create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) our Service
7) Not causing the Site or the Admin panel or their functionality to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way.
You also agree to:
1) Display your expected delivery times and shipping methods and cost on the appropriate areas of your online Shop account
2) Not communicate with your buyers through outside communication channels like any direct or indirect link to other websites including your own website, your email address or any other means by which a buyer could communicate directly with you, other than through the Admin panel.
G. Regarding your Shop’s Stock information, you agree to:
1) Accurately display stock availability for the Products on your online Shop account and to update your stock availability using the ‘Stock management’.
2) Reflect your Product on the online Shop account as ‘Out of Stock’ to the buyer, when your product is out of stock
3) Remove Products from your online Shop account that are awaiting stock for prolonged periods (for e.g. more than four weeks) until they become available again.
This is very important to build the trust with your buyers as well as adhere to the policies of the online marketplace - Local Supplies
H. Regarding your Products’ pricing, you agree to make sure that:
1) Your prices are fully inclusive of all taxes and additional charges. The only exception to this is shipping/delivery charges that you can set-up in the ‘Shipping methods’ area on your Admin panel.
2) If you are VAT registered, you agree to set the VAT rate at the level which is currently in force in the UK with respect to your Products.
3) You are solely responsible for ensuring that you fully comply with current VAT regulations and accounting for VAT correctly.
4) You have complete discretion over how you wish to price your Products.
I. Regarding your Products’ listing and categorisation, you agree to:
1) Upload your Products with appropriate details, price and stock information
2) Work cooperatively with our operations team so that we are able to set your online Shop account within three (3) weeks of your paying the Joining fee.
3) Adhere to the online taxonomy we have created for the category of your shop (for e.g. Garden centre, Indian grocery store, Bakery etc.) in order to display your products under the pre-defined categories and sub-categories.
4) We will retain absolute discretion as to which category is the most appropriate for a given Product. We may, in our absolute discretion and where relevant and appropriate, select a Product for inclusion in a second category.
5) Ensure that a single product may appear only once on your Storefront. You can list variations of a product such as brand, colour, weight or size as separate products. (e.g. For Garden Centre: Product called “Arabian Night Dahlia” should appear only once; For Indian Grocery store: Product called Tilda Basmati Rice 10 kgs should appear only once)
6) Ensure that each of your product listings contains all the information required by a buyer to make a purchase, and that such information is wholly accurate. Filling the mandatory fields with non-relevant / dummy data is not permitted, as it is not beneficial to you, the buyer or us.
7) Not indulge in keyword spamming (which is the use or placement of irrelevant, inappropriate number of keywords in a title or description to entice customers to a specific page) or similar techniques in product listings.
J. Regarding the compliance with our instructions and laws, you agree:
1) To comply at all times with our reasonable instructions and all applicable laws and regulations including:
i. UK and EU competition laws
ii. Al product safety and product marking laws and regulations, and Trading Standards requirements in respect of the manufacture, packaging, marking, certification (including, without limitation, CE marking) and delivery of the Products you sell;
iii. All applicable modern slavery legislation;
iv. The restricted products policy
v. All applicable bribery legislation.
2) In relation to your obligations under the UK and EU competition laws, you agree not to exchange (or attempt to exchange) any commercially sensitive information, including information on any current or future commercial strategies, costs and/or pricing, with any other Seller.
3) In relation to compliance with all applicable bribery legislation, you agree to:
i. Not engage in any activity, practice or conduct anywhere in the world which would constitute an offence under the UK bribery legislation if such activity, practice or conduct had been carried out in the UK
ii. Maintain in place throughout the period of the Service, your own policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the UK bribery legislation
iii. Promptly report to us any request or demand for any undue financial or other advantage of any kind received by you in connection with the performance of these conditions and
4) To provide appropriate instructions with the Product to ensure the safe use of the Products, where required by applicable laws and regulations
5) To inform us as soon as possible upon becoming aware of any claim against us or you arising out of or in connection with any defect in your Products, or any failure by you to ensure that the Products are appropriately marked or certified in accordance with applicable laws or regulations.
6) To compensate us in full for any and all liabilities, costs, expenses, fines, damages and losses (including any losses that are foreseeable, as explained below) we incur in connection with any claim envisaged under this Clause 6. or paid or agreed to be paid by us in settlement of the claim and all legal or other expenses incurred by us in or about the defence or settlement of the claim. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time the Agreement was entered into, both parties knew it might happen, for example, if you discussed it with us during on-boarding. We will notify you in writing as soon as possible after becoming aware of the claim.
7) To maintain at all times, at your own expense and with reputable insurers appropriate insurance in relation to your business. You will agree to, upon written request from us, provide us with any information we reasonably require concerning the scope of your insurance together with any relevant certificates confirming that it is in place.
8) To comply with our reasonable instructions relating to any product recall and in any event, we reserve the right to take immediate and exclusive conduct of the product recall on notice to you, in which case you will give us such assistance as we may reasonably require.
7. Orders on your online Shop account and buyer relationship
A. The contract of sale between you and the buyer
1) You acknowledge and agree that after an order has been received by your online Shop account, that order is also deemed to be an irreversible instruction to us to conclude a contract of sale between the Seller and the buyer. The contract of sale between you and us is concluded when we send an order confirmation email to the buyer, and we have no responsibility of the fulfilment of that order
2) You acknowledge and agree that the terms and conditions relating to any such contract will comprise the buyer terms & conditions, the email confirmation relating to the buyer’s order. You agree to be bound by all such provisions.
B. Processing orders received from the buyer
1) We will notify you by email of any order placed by the buyer. You acknowledge that we do not promise the reliability of email communications and you must check the Admin panel daily for alerts of new orders. You can go to ‘Orders’ area to see all the orders that have been placed on your online Shop.
2) Once you have received an order, you agree to, within a maximum of two (2) working days, and as a matter of best practice, within twenty-four (24) hours, start processing each and every order, using the Admin panel, and provide an estimated ‘Ready for Shipping’ date. You agree to use the ‘Status’ function to put the orders in the correct status so that an automatic email confirmation is sent to the buyer letting them know about the status of their order.
3) Once you have started to process the order, you agree to:
i. Fulfil the buyer’s order as soon as reasonably possible
ii. Confirm to the buyer the shipping / delivery details
iii. If the Shipping method is – Collect from store, then you inform the customer the time, date & location to pick up their products from your shop.
iv. If the Shipping method is – Home delivery, then inform the customer by what date & time it will be delivered to their Shipping address
v. For Home delivery orders, you agree to dispatch the order ensuring that it reaches the buyer within the timelines advertised on your product page and/or in accordance with any subsequent correspondence with the buyer
4) You also agree to take the following actions in the Admin panel at each of the following stages of processing an order:
i. When the order status is ‘Received’, inform the buyer about an estimated ‘Ready for Shipping’ date i.e. by when the order will be ready to be picked up from store or ready to be dispatched. You can do this by going to Order off that buyer and sending them a notification
ii. When you have started processing the order, change the order status to ‘In Progress’. This will automatically send an email to the buyer informing them that you have started to process their order
iii. When the order is ready for shipping, change the order status to ‘Ready for Shipping’. This will automatically send an email to the buyer informing them that the order is ready to be picked from store, or that the order is about to be dispatched
iv. Once the order has been processed that is to be Home delivered, then dispatch that order within the expected delivery date promised to the buyer
v. When the order has been successfully picked up by the buyer from the store or has been successfully delivered at the shipping address of the buyer, then change the order status to ‘Complete’ any enquiries relating to the order. This will automatically send an email to the buyer informing them that the order is complete
5) You agree to include with all orders the appropriate Local Supplies branded dispatch letter, and any such additional documentation or material as may be required and/or provided by us.
C. Communication with buyers
1) You agree to ensure that any and all communication with all buyers will follow these guidelines:
i. All communications will solely for the purposes of processing and/or progressing an order
ii. All communications will be done via the Admin panel, and in exceptional cases, at all times include a reference to us
iii. None of the communications will include any reference to your own website, email address, other correspondence address or any other promotion of services outside those offered through or by us.
2) You agree to promptly respond to any buyer enquiries or complaints in the first instance within one (1) working day, and to advise our Customer Care Team of any escalated unresolved buyer enquiries as soon as possible.
D. Types of emails on the Local Supplies marketplace
1) Vendor registration – When you register to Local Supplies marketplace, you will receive an email informing you about your registration
2) Vendor approval – When your registration has been approved by Local Supplies, then you will receive an email informing you about the same
3) Payment created – When an order has been placed by a buyer and the payment has been successfully processed, you will receive an email informing you about the payment received
4) Order confirmation – When a buyer has successfully placed an order for your shop, you will receive an email informing you about the order details
You agree and understand that we do not promise the reliability of email communications and you must check your Admin panel daily for alerts of new orders.
8. Requests for returns and refunds
You can refund the whole order or partial order depending upon the situation for processing the refund. There could be various reasons for a refund and you agree to take appropriate actions in accordance with the Returns & Refunds procedures, as displayed on the Site from time to time and in accordance with the Returns and Refunds policy.
The buyer could ask for a refund – full or partial – stating his rights as a buyer: If the claim by the buyer is genuine and as per the policy, then you agree to process the refund using the Admin panel. You have the option to process a partial or full order refund.
You initiate a refund because of your inability to fulfil the order: In that case, you will immediately inform the buyer about the reason you cannot fulfil the order and process the refund within three (3) working days.
9. Delivery of orders
Since Local Supplies is an online marketplace built with an ethos of promoting the local shops, the buyer will be located within a 5-7 miles radius. There are two types of Shipping methods available on Local Supplies:
A) Pick up from store: In this case, you need to make sure that:
1) When you have set the order status to ‘Ready for shipping’, an email is sent to the buyer that their order is ready to be picked up from the store.
2) You must make sure that all the products listed in the order has been kept aside for the buyer to pick up from your store.
3) You must make sure that it is easy for the buyer to pick up their order once they come to your store.
4) You must indicate clearly where is the pick-up point for their orders, so that they don’t have to waste their time
B) Home delivery: If the buyer has placed an order with the Shipping method of ‘Home Delivery’, then you make sure that:
1) You must indicate as soon as possible, the date & time of your delivery using the Admin panel.
2) You must make sure that all the products listed in the order has been fulfilled and delivered to the shipping address mentioned in the order.
10. Intellectual Property Rights
A. These are the guidelines for our intellectual property rights that you need to adhere to:
1) You recognise that the Intellectual Property Rights in the Local Supplies name, logo or branding are owned entirely by us, and agrees that you may only use the Local Supplies name, logo or branding on any promotional material, packaging or elsewhere, whether in hard or electronic format, in accordance with these Seller T&C or with our prior written consent.
2) All Intellectual Property Rights in the Service and in any Site, Software and/or documentation are and will remain our absolute property, or the property of our licensors as appropriate.
3) Any Intellectual Property Rights created by us in the course of the performance of these Seller T&C or otherwise in the provision of the Service will remain our property.
4) We grant you permission for the duration of the Service only to use any Software or Documentation for the sole purpose of accessing and using the Service. This permission doesn't prevent us or any other third parties we chose to grant permission to from using the Site, Software or documentation. You cannot transfer this permission to anyone else and we can terminate our permission at any time. Nothing in these Seller T&C will be deemed to have given you permission or any other right to use any of our other Intellectual Property Rights.
5) Where photographs or images of your Products are produced by us, any such images may not be used by you for any purpose other than for display on the Site or in printed material produced by us. We reserve the right to charge you a licence fee in respect of any use of such photographs or images in contravention of this clause.
6) You may not bid on the Site name, our brand or brand name, or variations of them, on Google or any other search engines.
B. These are the guidelines related to the Intellectual Property Rights of your Products
1) You are in agreement and promise that:
a. you are the legal owner of all of the Intellectual Property Rights in and relating to the Products (which includes the data and information, including Seller information, relating to such Products), photographs, logos, images and copy that you provide or upload to the Site, and/or that you possess a valid permission to use any and all such Intellectual Property Right
b. the making of Products available for sale on the Site, and consequent use of your Intellectual Property Rights by us will not infringe any Intellectual Property Rights owned by any third party, and there is and will be no claim against us by any third party arising in relation to the use of such Intellectual Property Rights and
c. all items offered for sale by you are not replica or design copies of any other brand, designer or manufacturer.
2) You permit us to access and use any content, including photos, that appear on your online Shop account or in any other promotional material in our own editorial content or promotional activity relating to us, you, your business and Products.
3) You agree to compensate us in full for any and all damages, liabilities, costs, expenses and/or losses resulting from any breach of clause in respect of any claim that the normal operation, possession or use of those Intellectual Property Rights by us infringes a third party's rights ("Intellectual Property Rights Infringement Claim").
4) In the event of an Intellectual Property Rights Infringement Claim you will immediately make without any charge to us such alterations, modifications or adjustments to the Intellectual Property Rights as will be necessary to make them non-infringing.
5) We will notify you as soon as possible if we become aware of any Intellectual Property Rights Infringement Claim by a third party.
6) We will be entitled to take sole conduct of the defence to any claim or action in respect of any Intellectual Property Rights Infringement Claim and may settle or compromise such claim or action at our sole discretion. You agree to give us such assistance as we will reasonably require in respect of the conduct of such defence including with all court procedures and the provision of all relevant documents.
7) At our request, you agree to take the conduct of the defence to any claim or action in respect of any Intellectual Property Rights Infringement Claim. You agree not to, at any time, admit liability or otherwise settle or compromise, or attempt to settle or compromise, such claim or action except upon our express written instructions.
C. Use of your information
You grant to us permission to use, license, disclose and distribute any information (including Seller information), data, comments or images provided by you to us for any purpose (including disclosing information to third party service providers so that they can contact you directly about their products and/or services). This permission is an ongoing permission that you cannot revoke or charge us money for and we can exercise this permission throughout the world. You agree that you have now given up your rights to be acknowledged as the author of your Seller Information and to object to the use, in whatever form, of your Seller information by us.
D. Survival of termination
This Clause 10 (Intellectual Property Rights) will survive termination or expiry of these Seller T&C regardless of how they come to an end.
11. Your content on the Local Supplies marketplace
Content that you post using our Services is “Your content”. We don’t make any claim to it, which includes anything you post using our Services (like shop names, profile pictures, listing photos, listing descriptions, reviews, comments, videos, usernames, etc.).
A. Responsibility for Your Content. You understand that you are solely responsible for Your Content. You represent that you have all necessary rights to Your Content and that you’re not infringing or violating any third party’s rights by posting it.
B. Permission to use Your Content. By posting Your Content through our Services, you grant Local Supplies a license to use it. We don’t claim any ownership to Your Content, but we have your permission to use it to enhance the Service to our buyers and other sellers. That way, we won’t infringe any rights you have on Your Content and we can help promote it.
C. Rights that you grant Local Supplies. By posting Your Content, you grant Local Supplies a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use, display, edit, modify, reproduce, distribute, store, and prepare derivative works of Your Content. This allows us to provide the Services and to promote Local Supplies marketplace, your online Shop account on Local Supplies, or the Services in general, in any formats and through any channels, including across any Local Supplies Services, our partners, or third-party website or advertising medium. You agree not to assert any moral rights or rights of publicity against us for using Your Content. You also recognise our legitimate interest in using it, in accordance with the scope of this license, to the extent Your Content contains any personal information.
That sounds like a lot, but it’s necessary for us to operate the Local Supplies online marketplace. For example, if you upload a photo of a product on your online Shop, we have permission to display it to potential buyers, and we can resize or enhance it so it looks good to a buyer. Another example could be the promotions or discounts you are offering to your buyers. We may use it and promote your online Shop to potential buyers. Another example could be that if you post a photo of a product which is unique and in high demand, we could feature it - often along with your shop name and shop picture - on our homepage, in one of our blogs or even on a billboard to help promote your business and Local Supplies marketplace.
D. Reporting unauthorised content. Local Supplies has immense respect for Intellectual Property Rights, and is committed to following appropriate legal procedures to remove infringing content from the Services. If content that you own or have rights to has been posted to the Services without your permission and you want it removed, please follow the steps listed in our Intellectual Property Rights. If Your Content is alleged to infringe another person’s intellectual property, we will take appropriate action, such as disabling it if we receive proper notice or terminating your account if you are found to be a repeat infringer. We’ll notify you if any of that happens.
E. Inappropriate, false, or misleading content. You agree that you will not post any content that is abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, or otherwise offensive or in violation of our Prohibited Items policy, or Community policy, or any part of our Seller T&C. You also agree not to post any content that is false and misleading or uses the Services in a manner that is fraudulent or deceptive.
12. Marketing and promotional activities
A. From time to time we may run promotions on all or part of the Site. Any such promotions will be separate, and in addition to, any promotions run by you in your online Shop account. It may involve offering the buyers either free delivery, discounted prices or other promotional activity relating to some or all products on the Site. This is done to encourage the buyers to use Local Supplies and buy from the listed shops. We will, where relevant and applicable to you and/or your Products, inform you of the nature and terms of any promotion and, at our sole discretion:
1. Local Supplies will bear the costs of any such promotion
2. In case it requires you to bear the costs of any promotion, we will inform you and ask you to inform us in writing whether or not you wish to participate in the relevant promotion. You agree to reply back to us with your reply in time for the promotion.
B. You will permit, comply and co-operate with all activities undertaken by us to promote, sell or market your products and online Shop in such form and manner as we in our sole discretion deem appropriate, whether directly through the Site or the Service, through any online or offline publications produced by us, or through websites or offline publications not produced, owned or operated by us.
C. There are other ways which you can work with us to market or distribute your products such as through pop-up stores and specific marketing campaigns. We will provide you with more information about these specific opportunities when they arise.
13. Fees and charges
A. General rules
1. You will pay any and all charges in accordance with the Agreement.
2. The relevant charges will be as notified to you and updated by us from time to time in accordance with these Seller T&C.
3. Unless specified otherwise, all charges are subject to VAT, all of which amounts you will pay, where appropriate, at the rate prevailing at the relevant tax point, and in addition to the charges themselves.
4. You will make all payments to us due under the Agreement without any deduction whether by way of set-off, withholding, counterclaim, discount, abatement or otherwise.
5. If any sum due from you to us under the Agreement is not paid on or before the due date for payment, then all sums then owing by you to us will become due and payable immediately and, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to us, we will be entitled to:
i. Terminate or suspend our obligations under the Agreement or any order, including suspending provision of the Service, until arrangements as to payment or credit have been established which are satisfactory to us
ii. Charge you the cost of obtaining judgment or payment, to include all reasonable professional costs (including legal fees) and other costs of issuing proceedings or otherwise pursuing a debt recovery procedure
B. Types of charges
The different types of charges related to Local Supplies are as follows:
1. Joining Fee – This is a fee that a Seller pays to Local Supplies after successful registration, so that they can start using the Services and the set-up their online Shop account. This is a fixed, one-time, non-refundable fee. The amount of the Joining fee will be as agreed between the Seller and Local Supplies in writing at the time of registration of your Shop on Local Supplies.
2. Application fee – This is the fee charged on a percentage basis of the total amount payable by a buyer in relation to the product(s) sold through the Site by you. You will be notified about this percentage fee at the time of registration of your Shop on Local Supplies.
3. Subscription fee – This is a monthly, quarterly or annual membership fee charged to be part of the Seller community on Local Supplies. We reserve the right to charge you this Subscription fee upon providing you with 30 days’ written notice.
4. Refund fee – If we find that buyers are being refunded more than normal by your shop, then, you will have to pay a Refund fee to Local Supplies, where the Refund fee is equal to a certain percentage of the total amount refunded to the buyer. This is a non-refundable fee under any circumstances. We will discuss the refund cases with you and inform you before charging you with a Refund fees.
C. How payment is made to you
1. Payments for product(s) will be made directly by a buyer to you through the payment service provider called Stripe. You must check your Admin panel every few hours on a daily basis for alert of new orders. You agree that the buyer’s obligation to pay you for product(s) is satisfied when the buyer validly pays you for the order placed. You further agree that you will not seek recourse (legal or otherwise) against a buyer or any third party (including, but not limited to any payment service provider or gateway) for payment of a product if the buyer has validly paid you.
2. Payment for product(s) by buyers through the Site will be through payment methods made available from time to time, using our current online payment processing system.
3. The payment service provider fee (Stripe fee) and the Local Supplies application fee will be deducted automatically by the system and the net amount will be transferred to your account. Both the service provider fee (Stripe fee) and the Local Supplies application fee are non-refundable.
4. You agree to take care of the refund asked by the buyers.
5. You agree to provide such of your banking details as are required or requested by us, in order that payment may be processed to you in respect of any products sold. You agree to ensure your banking details are kept up-to-date, and you agree to notify us of any changes on the next working day. You agree to be responsible for paying any banking charges or other administrative expenses incurred by us as a result of any inaccuracies in any such information.
A. Both Local Supplies and the Seller agree that they will keep in confidence any confidential information and, except in accordance with these Seller T&C, will not disclose that confidential information to any person (other than their employees, professional advisers or suppliers who need to know the information) without the written consent of the other party. For the avoidance of doubt, you authorise us (including our employees, agents and contractors) to hold and process Seller information.
B. The obligations of confidentiality under the Seller T&C will remain in effect for two (2) years after the termination or expiry of the contract between Seller and Local Supplies, however they come to an end.
15. Exclusion and Limitation of liability
A. Nothing in these Seller T&C excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, for fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded by law.
B. We will not be liable to you for any loss of profit or other economic loss, foreseeable losses, costs, expenses or other claims for foreseeable compensation or loss or damage that arise in connection with the Seller T&C, or for any liability incurred by you to a buyer, or to any other person, whether arising from the provision of the Service or otherwise.
C. Liability Limits – To the fullest extent permitted by law, neither Local Supplies, nor our employees or Directors shall be liable to you for any lost profits or revenues, or for any consequential, incidental, indirect, special, or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Seller T&C. In no event shall Local Supplies’ aggregate liability for any damages exceed the greater of one hundred pounds (£100) or the amount you paid Local Supplies in the past twelve (12) months. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
We hope this never happens, but if action is taken against Local Supplies whether court or otherwise sued because of something that you did, you agree to defend and indemnify us. That means you will defend Local Supplies (including any of our employees and Directors) and hold us harmless from any legal claim or demand (including reasonable legal fees) that arises from your actions, your use (or misuse) of our Services, your breach of the Seller T&C, or you or your account’s infringement of someone else’s rights.
We reserve the right to handle our legal defence however we see fit, even if you are indemnifying us, in which case you agree to cooperate with us so we can execute our legal and business strategy in such case.
17. Dispute with others on Local Supplies
If you find yourself in a dispute with another Seller or buyer on Local Supplies or a third party, we encourage you to contact the other party and try to resolve the dispute amicably. You release Local Supplies from any claims, demands, and damages arising out of disputes with other Sellers, buyers or third parties.
18. Dispute with Local Supplies
This should never happen, but in case you are upset with us, then we request you to let us know at the earliest opportunity by contacting our Customer Care team. We will make every effort to resolve the issue. But if we can’t, then these rules will govern any legal dispute involving our Services:
A. Governing law - The Seller T&C are governed by the laws of the England only. The laws of England will apply irrespective of your residential address or your shop address.
19. Changes to these Seller Terms & Conditions
We may update these Seller T&C from time to time. If we believe that the changes are material, we’ll definitely let you know by posting the changes through the Services and/or sending you an email or message about the changes. That way you can decide whether you want to continue using the Services. Changes will be effective upon the posting of the changes unless otherwise specified. You are responsible for reviewing and becoming familiar with any changes. Your use of the Services following the changes constitutes your acceptance of the updated Seller T&C.
Last updated: 3 March 2021