As well as reading the following Terms & Conditions to which you have agreed by using this Site, you should also refer to the terms and conditions of each individual seller ("Seller”) on their localsupplies.com vendor pages or product pages before making any order.
Please read these Terms & Conditions carefully before ordering any products or services through the Site. By ordering products through the Site (whether now or in the future), you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. Use of the Website is also subject to these Terms & Conditions.
We may update these Terms & Conditions (and the documents referred to in them) and any aspect of the Services from time to time and will notify such changes to you by uploading details of them on the Site. You should review the Terms & Conditions periodically for changes. By using the Site, you agree to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms & Conditions then you should leave the Site immediately, and please do not use the Services or any part of them.
This Terms & Conditions was last updated on: 26/08/2020
The Services are operated by Local Supplies Ltd. ("we", "our", "us", “LocalSupplies.com” or "Local Supplies"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 12831002 and with our registered office address at 4c, Northwick Avenue, Harrow, HA3 0AB.
We provide a way for you to communicate your orders (“Order” or "Orders") for products (“Product” or "Products") to shops in the UK (“Seller” or "Sellers") displayed on the Site. The legal contract for the supply and purchase of Products is between you and the Seller that you place your Order with. We will handle your payment (for the order you place on the Site) using our Third Party – Stripe.
You may access some areas of the Site without making an Order or registering your details with us. Most areas of the Site are open to everyone. We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the services we provide through the Site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason any of the Services are unavailable at any time or for any period.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms & Conditions.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all information (including your name and address) you upload to the Site, is correct and accurate. Ensure that you check all information before making a purchase.
Site availability: While we try to ensure the Site is normally available 24 hours a day, we do not undertake any obligation to do so, and we will not be liable to you if the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Suspension of access: Access to the Site may be suspended temporarily at any time and without notice.
Information security: The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take the steps required by law to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk.
We own, or are the licensee to, all right, title and interest in and to the Services, including all rights under patent, copyright, trade secret or trademark law, and any and all other proprietary rights, including all applications, renewals, extensions and restorations thereof. You will not modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the App or any other part of the Services.
You must not extract or otherwise use any of the content on the Site and/or Services for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and we ask our Sellers to do the same. If you are aware that any of your intellectual property rights have been infringed on the Site, please contact us to report the concern.
Please note that when you decide to purchase goods and/or services the resulting legal contract is between you and that Seller and such contract shall compromise of these Terms & Conditions, the email confirmation of your order and the applicable details on the product page and you agree to be bound by all such provisions.
You should carefully review the Terms & Conditions, the email confirmation of your order and the applicable details on the product page in relation to the order. If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these Terms & Conditions and the email confirmation of your order or the applicable details on the product page, these Terms & Conditions shall prevail to the extent of the conflict or inconsistency.
We cannot give any undertaking, that goods and/or services you purchase from Sellers through the Site will be of satisfactory quality, and this and any other such warranties (whether expressed or implied) are disclaimed by us absolutely to the fullest extent permitted by law. This disclaimer does not affect your statutory rights against the Seller. Where you order goods and/or services through the Site we may disclose your customer information related to that transaction to the relevant Seller.
We do not review or control, and are not responsible in any way for, listings provided by Sellers and at no time do we possess any items offered for sale by Sellers through the Site.
Website information: While we try to ensure that information on the Site is correct, we do not promise it is accurate or complete. We may make changes to the material on the Site, or to the functionality, products and prices described on it, at any time without notice. The material on the Site may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update that material.
Allergy, dietary and other product information: When a Seller signs up with us, they have to provide us with up-to-date product information. We then include this on their dedicated page on the Site. If you have, or someone you are ordering for has, a concern about food allergies, intolerances or other dietary preferences, you should always contact the Seller directly before placing your order.
Seller actions and omissions: The legal contract for the supply and purchase of products is between you and the Seller that you place your Order with. We have no control over the actions or omissions of any Sellers. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you acknowledge and accept the following by using the Site:
- We do not give any undertaking that the products ordered from any Seller through the Site will be of satisfactory quality or suitable for your purpose and we disclaim any such warranties.
- Estimated times for deliveries and collections are provided by the Sellers and are only estimates. Neither we nor the Sellers guarantee that Orders will be delivered or will be available for collection within the estimated times.
- We encourage all our Sellers to accept all Orders and to communicate any rejection promptly, and we will notify you (generally by email) as soon as reasonably practicable if a Seller rejects your Order. However, we do not guarantee that Sellers will accept and fulfil all Orders, and Sellers have the discretion to reject Orders at any time because they are too busy, if you fail to provide proof of age for purchases of alcohol, cigarettes or other smoking products when required, due to weather conditions, shortage of products or staff or for any other reason. Sellers will not be obliged to deliver an Order to an address outside of their set delivery radius, which may change from time to time.
- The foregoing disclaimers do not affect your statutory rights against any Restaurant.
Exclusion of terms: We provide you with access to and use of the Site on the basis that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all representations, warranties, conditions, undertakings and other terms in relation to the Site and your use of it (including any representations, warranties, conditions, undertakings and other terms which might otherwise apply to the Site and your use of it, or be otherwise implied or incorporated into these Terms & Conditions, by statute, common law or otherwise ). Nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall limit or exclude our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or the negligence of our agents or employees or for any other liability that cannot be limited or excluded by law.
General: Nothing in these Terms & Conditions excludes or limits our liability for any harm, death or personal injury arising from our negligence, our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law. Nothing in these Terms & Conditions affects your statutory rights.
Exclusion of liability: Subject to above clause, we will under no circumstances whatever be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with the Site (including the use, inability to use or the results of use of the Site) for:
- Any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- Loss or corruption of data, information or software;
- Loss of business opportunity;
- Loss of anticipated savings;
- Loss of goodwill; or
- Any indirect or consequential loss
Limitation of liability: Subject to the above clauses, our total liability to you in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with the Site or your use of it, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed twice the value of your Order or £50, whichever is lower.
Additional costs: You assume full and sole responsibility for any additional or associated costs that you may incur in connection with or as a result of your use of the Site, including without limitation costs relating to the servicing, repair or adaptation of any equipment, software or data that you may own, lease, license or otherwise use.
By placing an Order through the Site, you warrant that:
- You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts with Sellers; and
- You are at least 18 years old.
You acknowledge and agree that if you have a specific food allergy or intolerance, you will contact the Seller directly to check that the product is suitable for you, before placing your order directly with them.
Alcohol, cigarettes and other smoking products:
- You acknowledge and agree that: it is an offence for any person under the age of 18 to buy, or attempt to buy, alcohol in the UK, or for any person to buy, or attempt to buy, alcohol, tobacco or other smoking products in the UK on behalf of any person who is under the age of 18;
- If your Order includes any alcohol, cigarettes or other smoking products, you will be asked to provide proof of your age on collection or delivery of your Order. If you are unable to provide proof that you are aged 18 or over to the satisfaction of your chosen Seller, or if the Seller reasonably believes that the alcohol, cigarettes or other smoking products you have ordered have been bought by you on behalf of someone under the age of 18, the Seller reserves the right not to complete the delivery of the alcohol, cigarettes or other smoking products to you.
Each order you place shall be deemed to be an offer by you to purchase the goods and/or services specified within it subject to the Terms & Conditions and the applicable details on the product page.
Purchases for goods and/or services you make with Sellers may only be paid for using the payment methods we make available from time to time through our payment facility or by redeeming an email gift voucher or physical gift card (individually a “Gift Card”, together “Gift Cards”) against us to put towards your purchase of goods and/or services on the Site. Except as otherwise described in the Gift Card special terms and conditions below, in accepting or otherwise processing your payments related to the purchase of items from Sellers, we act in the capacity as commercial agent of the Seller.
In respect of all payment methods including Gift Cards, the Seller acknowledges and agrees that the valid payment by you to us or redemption of a Gift Card for the purchase of item(s) between you and the Seller will satisfy your obligation to pay the Seller for the relevant item(s) and consequently, any debt obligations owed by you to the Seller for the purchase of such items shall be extinguished at that time.
You acknowledge that these Terms & Conditions, and/or any transaction made by you via localsupplies.com, do not create or imply any partnership, joint venture or trust relationship between us, you and/or the Seller.
The Seller further agrees that it will not seek recourse (legal or otherwise) against you for payment of items if you have validly paid us. All prices shall be shown in the applicable currency and payable in that currency. You accept that some banks may charge you an additional fee for certain transactions (e.g. international transactions). You accept that item prices in the currencies displayed do not vary according to your location; delivery charges will vary depending on the destination to choose to have the item delivered. For delivery destinations within the EU prices include VAT or other sales taxes where applicable. For delivery destinations outside the EU, prices do not include VAT or other sales taxes.
We may refuse to process a transaction for any reason or refuse service to anyone at any time at our sole discretion. We will not be liable to you or any third party by reason of so refusing or by reason of unwinding or suspending any transaction after processing has begun.
Grounds for termination: We may terminate or suspend (at our absolute discretion) your right to use the Site immediately by notifying you in writing (including by email) if we believe in our sole discretion that:
- You have used the Website in breach of paragraph 1 (Acceptance of terms);
- You have posted Reviews or other Site visitor content in breach of paragraph 29 (Reviews);
- You have breached paragraph 14 (Links to and from other websites); or
- You have breached any other material terms of these Terms & Conditions.
Obligations upon termination: Upon termination or suspension you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from the Site.
Your shopping basket on the Site displays the goods you have chosen, the Seller who shall provide them and details of shipping and delivery. The delivery costs for each Seller vary according to the delivery methods they offer. Any delivery times quoted are in working days.
This section provides you with information if you wish to discuss or organise a return, replacement or refund of an item purchased through the Site. Unfortunately, some items are non-cancellable and non-refundable.
What you can’t send back
Unfortunately, some items are non-cancellable and non-refundable:
- Anything that’s made to your specific requirements (outside of standard customisation options offered by the Seller to all customers)
- Perishable products (like food or flowers)
- Personal items (like earrings, cosmetics, underwear, face mask)
To avoid disappointment, please check whether an item is cancellable or not before placing your order.
You may link to our home page on the Site (www.localsupplies.com), provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. The Company expressly reserves the right to revoke the right granted in this clause for breach of these Terms & Conditions and to take any action it deems appropriate.
Our Site must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our Site other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission at any time.
Third party websites: Links to third party websites on the Site are provided solely for your convenience. If you use these links, you leave the Site. We have not reviewed and do not control any of these third-party websites (and are not responsible for these websites or their content or availability). We do not endorse or make any representation about these websites, their content, or the results from using such websites or content. If you decide to access any of the third-party websites linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk.
Uploaded material must not: (1) be defamatory of any person; (2) contain material which is obscene, discriminatory, offensive, hateful, threatening or inflammatory; (3) infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person; (4) be likely to deceive any person; (5) promote any illegal activity; (6) be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or (7) be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; (8) is unlawful or fraudulent; (9) breaches any applicable local, national or international law; (10) amounts to unauthorised advertising; (11) contains viruses or any other harmful programs
Any material a user uploads to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary, and we have the right to use, copy, distribute and disclose to third parties any such material for any purpose. We also have the right to disclose a user’s identity to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by such user constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by users. We have the right to remove any material or posting a user makes on the Site.
You must not misuse our Site or any part of the Services by introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
You must not modify the digital or paper copies of any materials that you print off and you must not use any pictures, photographs or any other graphics, video or audio sequences separately from any accompanying text. You must ensure that our status as the author of the material on the Site is always acknowledged. You are not allowed to use any of the materials on the Site or the Site itself for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence from us to do so. The Site may not be used, and no part of the Site may be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service, without our prior written permission.
If we fail at any time to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under these Terms & Conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under them, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations. A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default. No waiver by us of any of these Terms & Conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing.
If any of these Terms & Conditions are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
These Terms & Conditions and any documents expressly referred to in them constitute the entire agreement between us and supersedes and extinguishes all previous drafts, agreements, arrangements and understandings between us, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter. Each of us agrees that neither we nor you shall have any remedies in respect of any representation or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these Terms & Conditions or any documents expressly referred to in them. Neither of us shall have any claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation based upon any statement in these Terms & Conditions and any documents expressly referred to in them.
Where we or a Seller are prevented from or delayed in carrying out obligations under these Terms & Conditions due to circumstances beyond our or the Seller's reasonable control including, without limitation, acts of God, governmental actions, war or national emergency, riot, civil commotion, fire, explosion, flood, inclement weather, epidemic, lock-outs, strikes or other labour disputes (whether or not relating to the Seller's workforce), or restraints or delays affecting carriers or an inability or delay in obtaining supplies of adequate or suitable materials then either our or the Seller's (as the case may be) performance of its obligations shall be postponed for the period of time that the circumstances continue.
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Terms & Conditions that is caused by events outside our reasonable control.
A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-occurrence, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
- Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, epidemic or pandemic, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
- Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
- Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks; and
- The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
Our performance under these Terms & Conditions is deemed to be suspended for the period that any Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring any Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under these Terms & Conditions may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
No provision of these Terms & Conditions shall be enforceable by any third party (which includes for these purposes any third party: employee, officer, agent, representative or sub-contractor of either Local Supplies or the Seller) under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise. Nothing in this clause excludes the rights of Local Supplies when acting as commercial agent of any Seller.
The Terms & Conditions and contracts for the purchase of goods or services through our Site shall be governed by English law. Any dispute arising from, or related to, such contracts shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
You can bring legal proceedings in respect of Terms & Conditions in the English courts. If you live in a part of the United Kingdom other than England or any other member state of the European Union, you can bring legal proceedings in respect of these Terms & Conditions in either the English courts or the courts of your home country.
As a consumer, you will benefit from any mandatory provisions of the law of the country in which you are resident. Nothing in these Terms & Conditions, including the paragraph above, affects your rights as a consumer to rely on such mandatory provisions of local law.
General comments about the Site are welcome. Complaints about a specific Seller, goods or services must be directed to the Seller concerned through the contact details provided on the order confirmation email that you receive for resolution directly with them. If you have made a complaint and have exhausted all of the dispute resolution options available to you through our the Site and with the Seller, the European 'Online Dispute Resolution Platform' can be accessed by following the link: http://ec.europa.eu/odr.
Additional terms and conditions may apply to certain of our products and services. These products and services, and the terms and conditions which apply to them, are set out below.
Promotional code terms and conditions:
1. By using a promotional code you will be deemed to have read and understood these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them.
2. The terms and conditions on the Site shall apply to promotional codes. If and to the extent there is a conflict or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Site and these promotional code terms and conditions, the promotional code terms and conditions shall prevail to the extent of the conflict or inconsistency. The defined terms used in the Site terms and conditions shall also apply to these promotional code terms and conditions.
3.These promotional codes can only be used on localsupplies.com and towards the purchase of items currently featured on our Site, excluding delivery charges.
4. Promotional codes are an arrangement between you and us, and not between you and the Seller.
5. Promotional codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer on localsupplies.com, including (but not limited to) any other localsupplies.com promotional code, in the same transaction
6. The discount associated with a promotional code is applied to your entire basket, excluding any delivery charges. Promotional codes are a combination of letters and numbers, for e.g. PROD20OFF, and should be entered on the payment page during checkout for the discount to apply.
7. Each promotional code will have a limited time period in which to be used and/or a maximum number of orders per code. The code will be invalid once these limits have been reached. Specific terms and conditions for each promotional code setting out any such limits can either be found in the communication you received with the code itself or on the specific promotional code terms and conditions page via the Site.
8. We reserve the right to suspend, change or cancel any promotional code, at any time, in the event of circumstances arising which make it necessary to do so. We may update these terms from time to time and reserves the right to add additional terms and conditions for specific promotional codes as and where necessary. You should review the promotional code terms and conditions periodically for changes.
9. These promotional codes have no cash value, cannot be transferred and cannot be forwarded or reassigned.
10. Any refund you may be entitled to receive will not include the redemption value of the promotional code. You will receive no more than the amount you paid towards the final basket price.